We collect information about visitors to our Sites, employees of our customers and users of our customer’s social media pages / properties.
Such information is collected about you, including personal information, from the following sources:
– Information We Collect Directly from You: The type of information that we collect directly from you varies based on your interaction with our Site and our Service. We collect information directly from you when you register an account with us, liaise with us on a customer service interactions, forms on the Site and/or software. We also collect information that you send us via any medium, including, but not limited to email, telephone, as well as social media interactions like your social media handle, username, profile, and messages with our customers; or
– Information We Receive from Customers: We may receive information from customers in order to provide our Service. Such information may include a user’s social media handle, username, profile, biography and messages or communications with our customers. We collect information from individuals employed by our customers such as their contact information in order to provide our Service.
Information Collected Automatically
When you visit our Site or use our Service, we may collect certain information automatically from your device. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area, this information may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws.
Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location), third party webpages accessed via the Service and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our Site, including the pages accessed and links clicked, or Service, including content accessed.
Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our Site or use our Service, where they come from, and what content and functionality is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our Site and/or Service to our visitors and users.
Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technology, as explained further under the heading “Cookies and similar tracking technology” below and in our Cookie Notice.
Use of Personal Information
Island Girl Tours processes your personal information for the following purposes:
– Operate and improve the Site and Service;
– Provide users or customers with the Service and other products and services that a user or customer may request or that a user or customer has expressed interest in;
– Facilitate subscription processing, reviews and analysis;
– Evaluate user interest and needs in order to improve the Service and make available other offers, products or services;
– Evaluate the types of offers, products or services we make available to users or customers and potential users or customers;
– Monitor use of the Service;
– Provide customer support;
– Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to users through email or other means, such as special offers, announcements, and marketing materials;
– Conduct online research surveys regarding the Site and/or Service;
– Combine datasets to create aggregated data for internal evaluation and analysis;
– Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages, service bulletins, or marketing;
– Provide advertisements to you through email messages; and
To Whom We May Disclose Your Information
We may disclose your information, including personal information, to the following categories of recipients:
– to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or court order or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
– to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
We do not share personal information with third parties for their own marketing purposes.
In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Legal basis for processing personal information (EEA visitors / users only)
If you are a visitor or user from the European Economic Area, our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contact with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance of our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to Contact Us” heading below.
Cookies and similar tracking technology
Your Data Protection Rights
You have the following data protection rights:
– If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to Contact Us” heading below. Note that if you submit a request to delete your personal information, this may prohibit you using the Site and/or Service.
– In addition, if you are a resident of the European Union, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to Contact Us” heading below. Note that if you submit such a request, this may prohibit you using the Site and/or Service.
– You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to Contact Us” heading below.
– Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. Where we process your personal information solely on behalf of a customer, we may be legally required to forward your request directly to our customer and social media business partners for their review / handling.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, in the limited circumstances where this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
CAN-SPAM Compliance Notice (U.S. and Canadian users only)
We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the unsubscribe or opt-out instructions contained in the email. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you emails about your account or any Service you have requested or received from us.
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country.
Our group companies and third party service providers and partners operate around the world. This means that when we collect your personal information we may process it in any of these countries.
Contacting Us, Complaints and Dispute Resolution
Island Girl Tours, commits to resolve complaints about your privacy and will work to resolve your issue and will respond within 45 days of receipt. You may contact us as outlined in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
We will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without requiring parental consent. Any person who provides their personal information to us through our Site or Service represents that they are older than 12 years of age.
How to Contact Us
Our Privacy Officer is accountable for our compliance with this Privacy Statement and applicable privacy law. All comments, questions, concerns or complaints regarding your personal information should be forwarded to our Privacy Officers as follows:
Updated March 2019.